The Sleep Out – 67% to goal with 2 weeks left
We have just two weeks left to successfully raise the final $800,967 to complete our 2018 Sleep Out campaign! Thank you to all who have supported this movement to prevent homelessness in our community. If you haven’t already, please consider a donation today (iocp.org/donate) to help local families and kids stabilize, strengthen and thrive.
Why support the Sleep Out?
- Last year, 1 in 5 Interfaith Outreach families experienced homelessness. Housing is foundational to family stability.
- 14% of people living in Interfaith Outreach’s eight-city service area are living in poverty. These are our neighbors.
- The Sleep Out has prevented families from experiencing homelessness 32,098 times. Find your irreplaceable role!
More Ways to Give Back this Holiday Season
All items can be dropped off Monday-Saturday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., at Interfaith Outreach, 1605 County Road 101 N in Plymouth. Thank you!
Donate winter gear to bring families warmth
- Donate new and gently used outerwear – coats, parkas, snow pants, scarves, hats, gloves, mittens and boots – to Resale Select to help families through the coldest Minnesota months. Women’s and men’s 2XL-4XL coats especially needed. Please go through your closets, spread the word to co-workers and friends, and bring your donations to Resale Select at 1605 County Road 101 N in Plymouth.
Donate Christmas food to the food shelf
- Donate special food items to Interfaith Outreach’s food shelf to help families celebrate! Download the full list of most-needed holiday items at iocp.org/foodshelf (click “Holiday donation list” on the left).
Be a difference-maker at Interfaith Outreach
Interfaith Outreach is looking for volunteers – can you help? Find fulfilling and fun opportunities to give back.
- Resale Select – Friday or Saturday afternoon cashier needed to assist customers! Flexible schedule and training provided.
- Children’s Play Area (Greatly needed!) – Supervise and play with children (ages 0-8) in our lobby. Check in children and supervise while parents access our resources. Volunteers 13+ welcome. Ages 13-15 need to volunteer with an adult. Mon/Tue. 3-5 p.m., Wed./Fri. 9 a.m.-noon, Wed. 4-6 p.m., 6-8 p.m.
- Donation Receiver – Greet and thank donors. Load in donations of food, household goods and clothing. Help manage donation storage area. Flexible schedule! Help especially needed Tues-Sat. afternoons, 1:15-5:15 p.m.
- Driver for Adult Learners – Provide scheduled rides in driver-owned vehicle for Adult Basic Education (ABE) classes. 1 ride per week during the daytime.