Start planning your March food and fund drive today!
Did you know: with the help of this generous community, Interfaith Outreach distributed 1 million pounds of food and household essentials last year, helping families stretch budgets and prevent hunger?
Interfaith Outreach’s Prevent Hunger campaign kicks off March 1, but now is the perfect time to start planning a food and fund drive with your faith community, neighborhood, co-workers, book club or civic group to fight – and prevent – hunger in our community! Together, we can reach our goal of $200,000 and 100,000 pounds of donations to help our neighbors with food, employment and family support.
Visit iocp.org/preventhunger to get started! The Prevent Hunger campaign is part of Minnesota FoodShare, which supports 300 Minnesota food shelves each year.
Save the date and donate – Ladies Night Feb. 21
Where friendship and fashion meet. Grab your girlfriends and join us for Ladies Night at Resale Select, Interfaith Outreach’s store, on Thursday, Feb. 21, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Enjoy complimentary sips and bites, socialize and shop, and support the families we serve with your purchases. We will reveal our newest merchandise for this event, so you can find great bargains on quality items!
P.S. Donations of new or gently used women’s clothing and handbags are needed for this event. Thanks for dropping off items Monday-Saturday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. at 1605 County Road 101 N in Plymouth.
Healthy Snack Packs for Local Students
Looking for a fantastic one-time volunteer opportunity you can do from the comfort of your own home or office? With your help, Interfaith Outreach supplies local kids with healthy snack packs during after school programs. Volunteers purchase and assemble the packs creating a simple, fun, interactive volunteer experience. For as little as $89 worth of items, you can provide healthy snacks for 100 kids. Details online at iocp.org/volunteer (click “One-time” icon). Please contact Najmo at email@example.com or 763-489-7505 for more information.
Join the Interfaith Outreach family – volunteer!
Interfaith Outreach is looking for volunteers – can you help? Find fulfilling and fun opportunities to give back. (High school age or older unless otherwise noted.)
- Children’s Play Area – IMMEDIATE NEED! – Supervise and play with children (ages 0-8) in our lobby. Check in children and supervise them while parents access our resources. Volunteers 13+ welcome. Ages 13-15 need to volunteer with an adult. Wed./Fri. 9 a.m.-noon, Mon./Tues. 3-5 p.m.
- After School Mentor – IMMEDIATE NEED! – Assist elementary, middle or high school students with activities, homework, job applications, college preparation, and success in school and life! 2-4x/month after school.
- Resale Select Cashier – Friday or Saturday afternoon cashier needed to assist customers! Flexible schedule and training provided. (Great opportunity for mature high school students to gain new skills and experience!)
- Donation Receiver – Greet and thank donors. Load in donations of food, household goods and clothing. Help manage donation storage area. Flexible schedule! Help especially needed Tues-Sat. afternoons, 1:15-5:15 p.m.
- Driver for Adult Learners – Provide scheduled rides in driver-owned vehicle for Adult Basic Education (ABE) classes. 1 ride per week during the daytime.