Happy National Volunteer Month from Interfaith Outreach!
April is National Volunteer Month, and we tip our hats to the nearly 2,000 Interfaith Outreach volunteers who share their unique energy, positivity, hospitality and warmth with us each year. Volunteers, you make this a warm and friendly space for all. A place where people feel welcomed, not judged. Where families feel a part of the community, not excluded from it. Where passions are ignited, not diminished.
- Did you know? A total of nearly 2,000+ Interfaith Outreach volunteers gave 67,235 hours of service this year. That’s a value of over $1.6 million! You nearly DOUBLE Interfaith’s staff capacity to help our neighbors. Thank you for playing your irreplaceable role!
During National Volunteer Month and all year long we want to thank you for all that you do to directly help kids, families and seniors in our community. But just as importantly, thank you for creating this special place…a place where volunteers make a forever impact!
Donate to Interfaith’s Eid Holiday Program
Through the generosity of the community, Interfaith Outreach provides holiday support for families from many faith traditions. Interfaith expanded its December Holiday Gift Program to support local Muslim client families after Ramadan, similar to how the program has helped Christian and Jewish neighbors. Many Muslim families celebrate the end of Ramadan by buying new clothing for their children and creating cherished memories by visiting family entertainment venues.
In an effort to alleviate the additional financial stress of the holiday period, and with your help, Interfaith Outreach hopes to provide gift cards to Target and passes to entertainment venues for fun family activities in early June. Our goal is to help an anticipated 300 individuals using a $50-per-person guideline (the same financial guideline we use for our December Holiday Gift Program).
Can you contribute to this important effort?
- Drop off or mail Target gift cards (increments of $25) to Interfaith Outreach by May 10 at 1605 County Road 101 N, Plymouth
- Give online at iocp.org/donate by May 27 (select “Eid Holiday Program” from the drop-down menu)
Thank you for sharing this special holiday joy with our neighbors!
Thank You for Feeding Families and Fueling Hope!
Thank you to all who contributed to Interfaith Outreach’s Prevent Hunger! It was wonderful to see the community engaged in food drives, donations, events and more in an effort to fight hunger. We are pleased to announce that your generosity provided 106,347 pounds of food shelf donation pounds and $159,189 that will provide nourishment, employment and family support services to our neighbors all year long.
By participating in Prevent Hunger, you are also a huge part of the larger MN FoodShare March Campaign, a statewide effort that stocks up nearly 300 Minnesota food shelves to make sure no family goes hungry. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you for being a blessing to the thousands of people who depend on Interfaith Outreach’s services throughout the year! Lives are changed for the better because of you.
Spring Cleaning? Donate Local to Resale Select
Spring is officially here! It’s a great time to go through closets and clear out the old to make room for the new! Resale Select gratefully accepts gently used items and will put them to great use. The resale store of Interfaith Outreach would like your donations of everything from clothing and accessories to household items. We are currently in need of books – do you have gently used or new current books to donate? “Keep it local” and bring your items to our store at 1605 County Road 101 N in Plymouth during donation hours, Monday-Saturday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Learn more at iocp.org/resaleselect. Thank you!
Will you be a difference-maker?
Are you seeking a fun and fulfilling way to give back in the community? Interfaith Outreach is looking for volunteers and we’d love your help! (High school age or older unless otherwise noted.)
- Medical Rides Program – Answer phone calls with requests for rides to medical appointments and send those requests to Rides Program drivers. Tuesdays, 9 a.m.-noon.
- Driver for Adult Learners – Provide scheduled rides in driver-owned vehicle for Adult Basic Education (ABE) classes. Positively impact adults aspiring to learn English so they can create futures for themselves here. 1 ride per week (transporting to Interfaith offices) during the daytime.
- Children’s Play Area – Supervise and play with children (ages 0-8) in our lobby. Check in children and supervise them while parents access our resources. Volunteers 13+ welcome. Ages 13-15 need to volunteer with an adult. Wed./Fri. 9 a.m.-noon, Mon./Tues. 3-5 p.m.
- Donation Receiver – Greet and thank donors. Load in donations of food, household goods and clothing. Help manage donation storage area. Volunteers 13+ welcome. Looking for a parent-child volunteer opportunity? Ages 13-15 can volunteer with an adult! Flexible schedule! Help needed Mon.-Sat. mornings.