The Home Event Sale
Resale Select will be having a four-day sale on July 17-20. The Home Event will feature smaller furniture and home decor items. Accent chairs, end tables, coffee tables, decorative mirrors, pillows, rugs and lamps will be available for sale. Those interested in volunteering to help with the sale can sign up at iocp.volunteerhub.com. Proceeds benefit Interfaith Outreach families. Sale hours are Wednesday 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Thursday, Friday, and Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
NEW! Join Interfaith Outreach’s Women with a Purpose
Are you a young woman looking to get even more involved in your community? Join Women with Purpose and together we can:
- Create a network of women passionate about the work of Interfaith Outreach.
- Make a powerful difference in our community while supporting local families and kids who use Interfaith Outreach services to stabilize, strengthen and thrive.
- Experience hands-on learning and giving back through service projects each quarter.
We are building a community of women united in understanding, service and generosity to support the work of Interfaith Outreach. All are welcome. Quarterly gatherings will be a combination of social, learning and service time. Please attend the next Women with Purpose gathering on July 30, 5:45-7:30 p.m. at Interfaith Outreach. To learn more about this gathering or Women with Purpose, visit iocp.org/wwp or contact Jill Kohler (763-489-7512, firstname.lastname@example.org) to learn more.
It’s Back to School Time! Donate Supplies to Help Local Kids
With your help, we can give local kids the tools they need to succeed. Interfaith Outreach’s Back to School supply drive has a special role for everyone.
- DONATE SUPPLIES – See a complete list of supplies local kids need and a link to our Target gift registry at iocp.org/backtoschool. Drop off new/unused supplies July 29-Aug. 17, Monday-Saturday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., at 1605 County Road 101 N in Plymouth.
- VOLUNTEER – Shifts available Aug. 1-Sept. 6 at iocp.org/backtoschool. Help sort incoming school supplies and pack bags, assist with registration or distribution, or be on the cleanup crew – shifts available Aug. 1-Sept. 6.
- DONATE DOLLARS – Don’t have time to shop? Donate online at iocp.org/givetokids and we can purchase our most-needed items (choose “Back to School” in the drop-down menu).
Thank you for making a difference in the lives of local kids! Please contact Najmo Yusuf at email@example.com or call 763-489-7500 for additional information.
(Urgent need) Drivers needed! Help kids get to summer camps
Interfaith is in need of volunteers (must be 18 or older) to drive our 12-passenger van transporting children from their housing communities to various summer camp and program sites throughout the month of July. Volunteer shifts are available Monday-Fridays, 7:45 a.m. or 3:45 p.m. shifts (approx. 1-1.5 hours each). Once trained, volunteers can sign up for the driver shifts they want to provide. A background check and driving record check will be required. Interested? Contact Najmo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make this Summer Your Most Meaningful Yet!
Interfaith Outreach is looking for volunteers – can you help? Find fulfilling and fun opportunities to give back.
- Children’s Play Area Volunteer – Supervise and play with children (ages 0-8) in our lobby. Check in children and supervise while parents access our resources. Volunteers 13+ welcome (ages 13-15 must volunteer with an adult). Shifts available Monday/Tuesday 3-5 p.m., Wednesday/Friday 9 a.m.-noon, Wednesday 4-6 p.m., 6-8 p.m.
- Resale Store – Sort incoming donations of clothing, shoes, accessories and household items. Hang and size clothing in preparation for sale in the store. Shifts available Tuesday-Saturday, morning/afternoon/evening. Flexible schedule! Middle school students welcome with an adult.
- Summer leaders Program Assistant – Assist summer camp counselors with games, activities and field trips as we deliver quality summer programming for low-income elementary-age youth. Weekday afternoons. (HIGH SCHOOL+)
Behind the Scenes at Interfaith Outreach
Interfaith Outreach invites you to a special behind-the-scenes tour. Are you a community member wanting to get more connected? Join us Tuesday, Aug. 13, noon-1 p.m. at our offices. Take a tour, learn more about Interfaith Outreach’s wonderful resources, and discover how you can be a part of the excitement and care that takes place every day.
Lunch is included, so registration is required to attend this free event. Sign up online at iocp.ejoinme.org/TuesdayTours or call 763-489-7515. Interfaith Outreach is located at 1605 County Road 101 N in Plymouth.
If you can’t attend the July gathering, join us another month! Tours happen every second Tuesday of the month, so the next session is Tuesday, Sept. 10, noon-1 p.m.
Fresh produce wanted for food shelf
The Interfaith Outreach Food Shelf loves fresh produce from the garden! When planning your garden this summer, consider an extra row to harvest for the food shelf. Our clients truly appreciate the extra flavor and nutrition provided by locally grown food. Donations are accepted Monday-Saturday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., at 1605 County Road 101 N in Plymouth. Thank you!
Thanks for contributing to the small acts of kindness that make such a BIG difference!