Donate winter gear before Oct. 15
Please donate quality, ready-to-wear winter coats, hats, boots, gloves, etc. for local families before Oct. 15. These items will be distributed the following week to help prepare families for the Minnesota winter. We estimate over 500 kids and adults will be served. Warm hats and mittens are especially needed! As you go through your closets, spread the word to co-workers and friends, and bring your donations to Resale Select at 1605 County Road 101 N in Plymouth. Donations are accepted Monday-Saturday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Thank you!
Holiday Gift Program sponsors and volunteers needed!
Through the generosity of the community, Interfaith Outreach’s Holiday Gift Program matches 500 Interfaith Outreach families of varying sizes with sponsors who provide gifts or financial support for gifts in December. Can you help make the holidays a little brighter for our neighbors? Visit iocp.org/holidaygift to learn more, become a sponsor or volunteer:
- BECOME A SPONSOR – Sponsor registration is officially open – you will be matched with a family or individual by early November so we can provide you with their wish list. Or, make a financial donation and we’ll do the shopping for you! Learn more and sign up at iocp.org/holidaygift.
- VOLUNTEER – Holiday Gift Program is 100% volunteer-led. Can you volunteer to help with family registration in October – November and distribution in December? View shifts and sign up at iocp.org/holidaygift. Thank you!
Volunteers Greatly Needed! Make a difference in the lives of our kids!
Are you seeking a fun and fulfilling way to give back in the community? Interfaith Outreach is looking for volunteers and we’d love your help! We are currently recruiting mature high school students and adults to work with elementary, middle or high school youth in our community. Programs will include afterschool homework help, mentoring or activity clubs. Weekly commitment. People of color and people from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to sign up! Interested? Sign up for a new volunteering meeting to learn more: iocp.volunteerhub.com. Contact our Community Engagement team at email@example.com with any questions.
- Teen Mentor (group setting) evenings 2-4 times a month
- Child Care Volunteer (variety of locations)
- Meal Provider or Host (for parent education program, evening)
- After-school Mentor (working with elementary students)
- Literacy Program (working with elementary students)
The Birthday Shelf is low on teen gifts
Our birthday shelf is low on gifts for kids age 13-18. Some donation ideas:
- Sports items – footballs and basketballs
- Gift cards to places like Starbucks, Caribou, Target, Best Buy, AMC Theater, etc.
- Party plates and napkins for all ages
Interfaith Outreach food shelf welcomes garden produce
Put your harvest toward a worthy cause! The Interfaith Outreach Food Shelf eagerly welcomes your fresh garden produce this time of year. The families we serve appreciate the healthy garden items you can offer: tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, squash, apples, carrots, etc. Donation hours are Monday-Saturday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Please bring donations to our donation door at 1605 County Road 101 N in Plymouth. Thank you!
Thank you for being a source of HOPE for our neighbors!