Help Us Reach Our Sleep Out Goal!
Did you know that 1 in 5 of the nearly 2,000 families Interfaith Outreach & Community Partners worked with last year experienced homelessness? And, the average cost for Interfaith Outreach to keep a family in their home for a month is $899? Gifts to the Sleep Out to support programs that enable nearly 2,000 families to stabilize, strengthen and thrive. The Interfaith Outreach goal is to raise $2,600,000 by Dec. 31.
- Donate online at iocp.org/sleepout before Dec.31 – A gift toward this year’s goal of $2,600,000 helps keep families and kids of our community safe, in their homes and empowered with new reasons to feel hopeful.
- Shop with a Purpose Dec. 20, all over town – Do your last-minute shopping and errands, stop for a bite to eat and pamper yourself – all while helping struggling kids and families in our community! 37 generous local businesses will donate a portion of their proceeds to the 2018 Sleep Out. View the list of participating local businesses and their deals at iocp.org/swap
To learn about these events and more go to iocp.org/sleepoutevents.
Give Back this Holiday Season
FINANCIAL DONATIONS – Are needed to provide gift cards to support families who were not able be part of the “sponsor matched” portion of the program. An estimated 200 households or 675 people. We invite you to make a financial gift at iocp.org/holidaygift (select “Holiday Gift Program” in the drop-down menu). You can also donate gift cards in $10 or $20 increments to Target, J.C. Penney, Kohl’s, Best Buy, Cub Foods or Holiday gas by Dec. 13.
VOLUNTEER – Holiday Gift Program is 100% volunteer-led. Can you volunteer to help with family gift collection and distribution in December? View shifts and sign up at iocp.org/holidaygift. Thank you!
Register Today – Community Prayer Breakfast Nov. 21
Register to attend the Fall Community Prayer breakfast. Join your friends, neighbors, and Interfaith Outreach to celebrate the 40-year journey of our community’s generous response to God’s call to build a kingdom of love and justice in our midst. Be inspired by stories of the lived faith and prayer and action that on a daily basis light up The Miracle of Community. Join together for a morning of reflection and inspiration on Thursday, Nov. 21, 7:15-9:00 a.m. at the Wayzata Country Club. The event includes breakfast, music from local musicians and readings by local faith leaders. The cost is $20. Register at iocp.org/PrayerBreakfast.
Make the Holidays Memorable by Donating Holiday Food!
Food is an important part of the holidays. Help families celebrate by donating special food items to Interfaith Outreach’s food shelf! Food like: a bag of potatoes, mustard greens, collard greens, bag/box of stuffing mix or applesauce for Hanukkah can make the holidays memorable. Download the full list of most-needed holiday items at iocp.org/food-shelf
HOLIDAY FOOD DROP-OFF DEADLINES:
- Saturday, Dec. 7 (for Christmas meals)
- Saturday, Dec. 14 (for Hanukkah meals)
Volunteers Greatly Needed!
Are you seeking a fun and fulfilling way to give back in the community? Interfaith Outreach is looking for volunteers and we’d love your help! Sign up for a new volunteering meeting to learn more: iocp.volunteerhub.com. Contact our Community Engagement team at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Current Needs Include:
- Volunteer Donation Receiver for our resale store and food shelf
- Client Services Volunteer at our reception desk
- Volunteer with youth as a mentor, tutor or role model. Required training on Nov. 21
Shop Resale Select – Do Good, Feel Good, Look Good!
- Nov. 29 Black Friday — Resale Select will have tons of new gift merchandise, holiday decor and fabulous clothing available for Black Friday shoppers, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Don’t miss our great deals!
- Nov. 30 Small Business Saturday — Support your favorite local resale store on Small Business Saturday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. We’ll have lots of new merchandise out in the store and all proceeds support families and kids in our local community.
Thank you for being a source of HOPE for our neighbors!