Ten UUCM youth (and seven adults) will be going to Harlan, Kentucky this year for the ASP service trip, working to make homes in the Appalachian region warmer, safer, and drier. Our group is getting ready to go the week of 7/2-9. We’re expecting the trip to cost about $9500, so we need your help! There are several ways you can contribute to the trip:
- The May social justice offering from worship will be going to the trip.
- The Climate Justice team is sponsoring a scrap metal collection drive on the first Sunday of May and June with proceeds to benefit the youth trip.
- The youth will be building some projects in early June to learn how to use power tools safely. You can purchase one of these projects for your home, or perhaps consider purchasing and donating a picnic table for the church! If you wish to purchase one of these items, please contact Brian.
- You can donate directly to the trip using this link and specifying the ASP trip on the donation page.
- You could sponsor one of the vehicles going on the trip and pay the gas and tolls for that vehicle.
- NEW You could cover one of the meals for the group on the way down or back.
- Watch this video message and the Friday Update for more opportunities to engage.
If you have any questions about the trip please contact Brian Zais.