- Bill Tregaskis and Waldemar, the family’s dad, assembled 2 large shelving units for their apartment.
- The family wrapped up their dental appointments at Hope Dental Clinic in St. Paul. A huge thank you to everyone who drove them to and from their appointments, especially Kate Flom from UUCM and Laures Young from MSCS, who made many trips back and forth from Brooklyn Park to St. Paul.
- The family is starting to use the donated Chromebook.
- The Immigration Justice team needs a volunteer interested in working to support the USCS family. Please contact Lori Arnold for more information. Spanish language skills are helpful but not necessary.
- There will be an hour long online workshop for volunteers interested in learning how to use the Tarjimly app to access volunteer translators later in May. We’ll post more information about the details soon!
- Volunteers to donate 2 hours of time on a Sunday or Monday afternoon to assist with various tasks including
- Helping Waldemar as he studies the Spanish Written Drivers Test
- Providing technological support using their Android phones and laptops.
- They’re also in need of some donations including:
- A thick, nonstick Dutch Oven
- Monetary donations to continue to support the family’s food security.
ONLINE/MAIL Special Donation Instructions: Online to Special Donation Campaigns using a credit card at bit.ly/giveuucm. Please put “UUSC Family” in the memo line.Mail a contribution with “UUSC Family” in the memo line to UUCM at 2030 Wayzata Blvd E, Wayzata MN 55391.You can also place checks and gift cards in the secure box near the church office door.
Please contact Lori Arnold (952-639-8604) or Laurie Young (651-269-0362) with any questions.