Click here and see below for more details.
We look forward to offering in-person RE this fall. To do so, we need Teachers! Please consider whether you can fill one of these roles for the fall term (mid Sept.-Jan.). Contact Jennifer (email@example.com) for details.
- PreK/K Teacher (2 needed)
- 1st/2nd Grade Teacher (3 needed)
- 3rd/4th Grade Teacher (3 needed)
- 5th/6th Grade Teacher (3 needed)
- 9th/10th Grade OWL Facilitator (1 needed, year round)
*NOTE Special Date and Time*
Sunday, July 25 from 11:45 AM to 12:45 PM on Zoom
This class is one of two classes offered on the path to membership at UUCM. In this class, we will respond to your questions, explore information and opportunities about our particular church, and discuss how we relate to the wider UU Region and the Unitarian Universalist Association. Visitors and friends who have attended both of these “Exploring UUism” classes are eligible to become members of UUCM. Current members and friends are very welcome to join in the class! Please contact Gary Charles with any questions. Check your Friday Update email for a Zoom link as the date approaches.
THIS SATURDAY, July 24 from 9:00 – 11:00 AM
SIGN UP HERE
Connect with other UUCM members and friends during in-person (outdoor or in the church sanctuary) and at-home activities to serve our community. Questions? Contact Lori Arnold at firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-693-8604.
At Home Options – Sign Up:
- Donate new/unused pencils and pens for the IOCP School Supply Drive by Friday, July 23: Drop off #2 pencils, mechanical pencils, blue and black pens to bin sitting outside of church.
- Writing/drawing messages of hope on postcards for refugee children: contact Lori (see above) for a bundle of postcards. Drop off completed postcards at church on July 24 between 9-11 AM.
- Prepare and individually wrap desserts and/or trail mix for the unhoused population in Minneapolis. Drop off at church on July 24 between 9-11 AM.
In Person Options – Sign Up:
- Bundling school supplies at UUCM in preparation for delivery to IOCP.
- Writing/drawing messages of hope on postcards for refugee children at UUCM.
- (Ages 10+) Gardening, cleanup and weeding on the church grounds at UUCM.
- (Ages 10+) Gardening at The People’s Garden in St. Paul, created by UUCM member Maria Geigle. Contact Lori if you would like to carpool.
This summer, we are excited to join together with 7 other congregations throughout our MidAmerica region to share worship and community with one another. The creativity of online worship has allowed us to visit one another’s services from the comfort of our own homes and churches. In addition to enriching our summer, this collaboration will provide a well-deserved break for each congregation’s tech and worship volunteers and offer time to plan for the reopening to multi-platform worship in the Fall. Join us as we come together as Unitarian Universalists to share our search for truth and meaning, love and liberation!
LOGISTICS: All information and the Zoom link you will need to join each service will be in the Friday Update email newsletter (subscribe here, if you haven’t already). A UUCM staff member will be present at each online service and the tech support phone number is still available at 612-486-2656.
PLEASE NOTE: Start times will alternate between 10:00 AM or 10:30 AM depending on the host congregation. The start time will be posted prominently, keep an eye out for it!
SCHEDULE (Please note start time). More services will be posted throughout the summer, check back often!
Sunday, July 25 at 10:30 AM (Gather starting at 10 AM)
Congregation: Minnesota Valley Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, Bloomington, MN
Worship Leader: Rev. Laura Thompson
“Practice, Practice, Practice!”
What is spiritual practice? How often should we engage in it? And why do we need it? Let’s explore spiritual practice together!